Denver, Colorado and Overland Park, Kansas – November 5, 2014 – Accuvant and FishNet Security, two leading providers of information security services and solutions, today announced that they have signed a definitive agreement to join forces and create a new, combined company. This move brings together the complementary strengths of the two organizations, creating a new provider with a broader suite of services, smarter solutions, more expertise and expanded reach to innovate and meet customers’ complex and rapidly expanding global information security needs.
The transaction is financed by Blackstone private equity funds and financial terms are not being disclosed. Current investors of both organizations, including existing management, the private equity firm Sverica International and FishNet Security’s corporate owner, Investcorp, are maintaining minority equity interests in the new, combined company. The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2015 pending relevant regulatory approvals.”
“The coming together of Accuvant and FishNet Security is entirely about growth and transformation – about joining two respected companies and continuing to evolve the new, combined entity to better meet our customers’ needs,” said Dan Burns, Accuvant chief executive officer. “The leadership of both companies realized that we had been trying to solve many of the same problems for our customers, but in slightly different ways. When we put the two companies together, we will add strength to our similarities and options with our diversity, creating more value for our customers. We are excited to bring Accuvant and FishNet Security together, and strongly believe this union represents an unprecedented opportunity for our collective companies, customers, employees and partners.”
The new, combined company will have depth, breadth, scale, financial resources, and the industry’s most talented people to research and solve specific or complex customer security problems, as well as those of the industry at large. It will bring together:
- – More than 1,400 total employees focused on serving customers;
- – More than 650 highly skilled consultants and engineers, delivering a full suite of information security risk and compliance consulting, as well as managed security services and product services;
- – Best practices and real-world experience gained from working with more than 10,000 customers of various sizes across multiple industries;
- – Partnerships with all of the leading security product manufacturers; and
- – 60 offices, training and security operations locations across the United States and Canada.
The coming together of Accuvant and FishNet Security provides its combined customer base with greater benefits through improved access to resources, services and solutions. Specifically the new, combined company will offer:
Broader suite of services:
- expanded insights, resources, supplier relationships, and scale to better service customers faced with the increasing velocity and severity of malicious cyber security attacks.
- combined and focused research and development investments to bring more effective and efficient solutions to customers.
- a deeper bench of information security professionals with diverse strategic and technical expertise.
- extended geographic footprints in the U.S., enabling the new, combined company to provide enhanced services and support to its North American customers.
Accuvant, a Blackstone (NYSE: BX) portfolio company, is a leading provider of information security services and solutions serving enterprise-class organizations across North America. The company offers a full suite of service capabilities to help businesses, governments and educational institutions define their security strategies, identify and remediate threats and risks, select and deploy the right technology, and achieve operational readiness to protect their organizations from malicious attack. Founded in 2002, Accuvant has been named to the Inc. 500|5000 list of fastest growing companies for the last eight consecutive years. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colo., with offices across the United States and Canada. Further information is available at http://www.accuvant.com.
FishNet Security, an Investcorp portfolio company, is a leading provider of information security solutions, combining technology, services, support and training. Since 1996, the company has repeatedly been recognized for its rapid growth, high customer satisfaction and continuous business innovation. Today, FishNet Security has 29 regional offices, including nine training facilities, two product testing laboratories and two security operations centers that monitor and support customer networks. For more information, visit FishNet Security’s website athttp://www.fishnetsecurity.com.